Author Topic: Touhou Mugen?  (Read 12669 times)

FlandreScarlet

• For linking to game downloads
    • http://zxfgio.deviantart.com/
Touhou Mugen?
« on: August 14, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »
Has anyone ever hear of the game "MUGEN"?
I've recently become an addict to it, and am trying to find all the Touhou characters made for it, but I already have quite alot so you can ask if "So and so" are already made in MUGEN.
So your free to ask any such questions u:
So Nanoka Ze~?

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
Re: Touhou Mugen?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »
Actually, I happen to have quite a few characters on MUGEN, but to find them your best friend is Mr. Google.
I KNOW you can find (since I have them)...
Alice, Eirin, Flandre, Hina, Kanako (very powerful), Komachi, Mokou, Rinnosuke, Sakuya, Sanae, Youmu, Yukari, and a very tough-to-beat Yuyuko.
There's also Suwako somewhere, plus her hat as its own character that's hilariously OP, but that's for you to decide.
this is where to get a large amount

FlandreScarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:10:47 PM »
Do you have some of the character's from RicePigeon? i know you can get them with voice's from there, i almost have ever Touhou character for MUGEN, but all i need is Evil Eyes (not their real Touhou name) and Gengetsu.

I wrote notes next to them, i can send you any of the ones you don't have, i have different versions of them, and i already have the Suwako's Hat you were talking about, its about as hard to beat as MMPATCHOULI x.x

My Current characters:

Alice
Aya
Komahci
Marisa
Remilia
Suwako
Reisen
Youmu
B.C.F Yukari
Cirno
Burning Cirno
C3Reimu
Suika
Utsuho
Koishi
Chirno
BakaCirno
D_Minoriko(joke character)
Daiyousei
Eirin
Suwako
Flandre
Flandre_RP(with voice)
Byakuren
Chen
Hatate
Hina
Hina_RPW(with voice)
Hong Meiling
InuSakuya
Kanako
Kanako_RP(with voice and stronger then regular Kanako)
Keine
Koakuma
Kogasa
Komachi_RP(with voice)
Kyouko
Letty
Lie Meiling_RP(with voice)
Lily white & black
Kaguya (more human looking one)
Lunasa
Medicine
Mima
Mimichan(joke character)
Minoriko(real version)
MMPATCHOULI (Chibi Patchouli)
Mokou_RP(with voice)
Momiji
Muasa
Myon
Mystia
Nazrin
Nitori(with voice)
Nue
Orin
Parsee
Patchouli
Ran(I've heard there is another version of her, the one that not GUNDAMN?)
Reisen_G
Okuu
Remilia
Reminya(Chibi Remilia)
Rinnosuke
Rumia
Sakuya
Sailor Sakuya
Sanae_RP(with voice)
Satori
Shizuha(Very strong)
Shikieiki
Shinki
Iku
SSB Komachi(Different voice i believe in English, different spellcards)
SSB Hong Meiling(With voice)
Chibi Suika
Suwako's hat
Suwako (One that stands up with spellcards from the Touhou games)
Suwako(Like from the fanmade Nue's Adventure)
Tewi
Tenshi
Shou
Unzan&Ichirin(The more powerful version? horrible looking, can you help me get a different version?)
Wriggle
Yorihime
Yukari
Yumemi
Yuugi_RP(with voice)
Yuuka
Yuyuko_RP(with voice, very powerful)

So Nanoka Ze~?

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 12:36:47 AM »
While I haven't touched my MUGEN for a year now, I remember some Touhou characters I have.

Kohaku's Touhou characters are melee centric, aren't very projectile heavy, and single attacks from them are pretty weak, however. What makes up for the weak attack power is the ability to do some devastating combos as demonstrated by me.
They also have SFIV style victory screens and some interesting LvL 3 Overdrive supers(i.e Resurrection for Mokou, Aya's Scoop, and Utsuho's Giga Flare)

Kurogane's Touhou characters are very accurate from SWR/Hisoutensoku. When you face them as CPUs, they will activate their boss spellcards from SWR if you KO them. A separate user has created voice patches for them. (Note: Stay away from Kurogane's Barbatos... unless you want your face ripped off...)

FlandreScarlet

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:59:11 PM »
Kohaku's characters are very nice made, i like there attacks and how they look much mroe like the orignal characters, the only one i believe i have from them is Utsuho, has a very good spellcard (the only one when she talks) As for some of my other characters such as Chen, i was wondering, does it have to do with the version of Chen i have or what? Because on the second round she has a Spell break bar, So does my Byakuren. 
Do you know where i could get the stage background for the video you sent me?
And do you know any places i might be able to get characters with voices or with the finished screen at the end of both rounds? (i dont know what their called >.<)
For the lifebas you used, they are like SWR's right? i have SWR's lifebars installed but their pictures aren't like that, why is that?
So Nanoka Ze~?

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 12:09:13 AM »
Do you know where i could get the stage background for the video you sent me?

I believe the stage was made by DAREKA so search for his/her MUGEN creations on Google.

As for some of my other characters such as Chen, i was wondering, does it have to do with the version of Chen i have or what? Because on the second round she has a Spell break bar, So does my Byakuren.

Sorry, I don't know.

And do you know any places i might be able to get characters with voices or with the finished screen at the end of both rounds? (i dont know what their called >.<)

I forgot where to look for voice patches, but Mugen-Infantry and MugenGuild is a good place to search. The win screens are built into the characters themselves in WinMUGEN. In MUGEN 1.0, all characters have a win screen depending upon the screenpack used.

For the lifebas you used, they are like SWR's right? i have SWR's lifebars installed but their pictures aren't like that, why is that?

There are several versions of the SWR lifebars. I believe the one I used was Kurogane's lifebars. Various lifebars either uses default portraits or custom portraits. If the lifebars uses custom portraits, the character has to have a specified portrait for the lifebars or else it will be blank. If the characters doesn't have a portrait for your lifebars, you have to create your own portrait for him/her using various programs like Photoshop and Fighter Factory.

FlandreScarlet

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 12:25:31 AM »
I believe the stage was made by DAREKA so search for his/her MUGEN creations on Google.
Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know.
Mind if i showed you what i mean?

I forgot where to look for voice patches, but Mugen-Infantry and MugenGuild is a good place to search. The win screens are built into the characters themselves in WinMUGEN. In MUGEN 1.0, all characters have a win screen depending upon the screenpack used.
I believe Seravy has a couple characters with voice patches, otherwise i forgot who i got my other characters with voices from. I believe i've only seen this with Kohaku's characters, i'm using a IaMP screenpack.

There are several versions of the SWR lifebars. I believe the one I used was Kurogane's lifebars. Various lifebars either uses default portraits or custom portraits. If the lifebars uses custom portraits, the character has to have a specified portrait for the lifebars or else it will be blank. If the characters doesn't have a portrait for your lifebars, you have to create your own portrait for him/her using various programs like Photoshop and Fighter Factory.
I believe i have Kohaku's lifebars. I think theirs were from SWR.

There is one thing that always happen in my version of MUGEN, usually when ever i try to play as a character [Say you play as Satori] When i play them, all her colors are mixed up, she never has her character's real colors [say you make her hair yellow, pink dress and black shoes.]
I've had this happen in my WinMugen and my  MUGEN 1.0, but whenever the opponet plays as them, they have their orignal colors, ever had this happen?
So Nanoka Ze~?

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 12:59:31 AM »
There is one thing that always happen in my version of MUGEN, usually when ever i try to play as a character [Say you play as Satori] When i play them, all her colors are mixed up, she never has her character's real colors [say you make her hair yellow, pink dress and black shoes.]
I've had this happen in my WinMugen and my  MUGEN 1.0, but whenever the opponent plays as them, they have their orignal colors, ever had this happen?

I went crazy wondering why my M. Bison was not selecting the default palette to the point of me overwriting every single palette. It turns out it's actually quite simple. How the colors palette selections work is when you pick Satori, her color palette changes depending upon what button you inputted to select her. Each button has a different color palette so pick Satori using random buttons until you get pink hair, blue shirt, pink skirt.

Mind if i showed you what i mean?

Wouldn't hurt, but I will probably lose power soon due to Irene.

Edit: Also, Kohaku never got around to create a custom portrait version of his SWR lifebars.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:11:22 AM by Ace Satori Nem »

FlandreScarlet

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 01:39:04 AM »
Wouldn't hurt, but I will probably lose power soon due to Irene.
Hope it gets better, and here, this is for Chen : http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/239/4/0/spell_break_by_zxfgio-d481tnj.jpg    same thing happens when Byakuren.

I went crazy wondering why my M. Bison was not selecting the default palette to the point of me overwriting every single palette. It turns out it's actually quite simple. How the colors palette selections work is when you pick Satori, her color palette changes depending upon what button you inputted to select her. Each button has a different color palette so pick Satori using random buttons until you get pink hair, blue shirt, pink skirt.

Ai, this helped me out greatly, i tryed it out, and it worked on about the 3rd try. What i find weird about this is, i have 2 versions of Flandre, one that has a voice (the most common one without so many spellcards) and another version without a voice but with spellcards, i was trying to get her color right and it worked, but before i tryed this i wasn't able to use all of Flandre's spellcards, after this it worked~ What happened?
So Nanoka Ze~?

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 02:26:31 AM »
As for some of my other characters such as Chen, i was wondering, does it have to do with the version of Chen i have or what? Because on the second round she has a Spell break bar, So does my Byakuren. 
Hope it gets better, and here, this is for Chen : http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/239/4/0/spell_break_by_zxfgio-d481tnj.jpg    same thing happens when Byakuren.

Hm... My theory is there's an option to face when in a SWR story mode style battle somewhere in the character folder. You face Chen normally in the first round. Then, at match point, she fights you at full power with spell cards and boss mechanics. Usually, there's an option to turn off the boss mechanic in the character folder but I don't really have a lot of knowledge with those versions.

Ai, this helped me out greatly, i tryed it out, and it worked on about the 3rd try. What i find weird about this is, i have 2 versions of Flandre, one that has a voice (the most common one without so many spellcards) and another version without a voice but with spellcards, i was trying to get her color right and it worked, but before i tryed this i wasn't able to use all of Flandre's spellcards, after this it worked~ What happened?
Is the first Flandre made by RicePigeon? I remember RicePigeon's Flandre having a limit on what spellcard combination she can use. For the second Flandre, I'm guessing certain color palettes will alter her moveset. I didn't think it was possible until I discovered Kohaku's Sakuya had a palette based off of Dio from JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. This palatte gave her different super moves like morphing Sakuya's Killing Doll into Dio's Steamroller WWWRRRRRYYYYYYY attack.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 03:57:22 AM »
While I deleted my MUGEN years ago (because it took up about 3 gigs :V), I remember having a a somewhat small amount of Touhou characters (about 30, I think). I don't know if this would be too much to ask for... but could you please upload your character folder online? (unless it would go against MotK policy, though I'm pretty sure it doesn't)

I would love to have these characters because I wasn't able to find them before. Once again, I'm only asking if you'd want to, so it'd be okay if you didn't.

Suwako Moriya

• Nice try.
  • ...eh, not really.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 12:42:19 PM »
Hm... My theory is there's an option to face when in a SWR story mode style battle somewhere in the character folder. You face Chen normally in the first round. Then, at match point, she fights you at full power with spell cards and boss mechanics. Usually, there's an option to turn off the boss mechanic in the character folder but I don't really have a lot of knowledge with those versions.

Do you think its possiable to find a version that doesn't do this? And have you seen the Ran the made for MUGEN? isn't their one for Gundamn and one just like the real Ran? o3o

Is the first Flandre made by RicePigeon? I remember RicePigeon's Flandre having a limit on what spellcard combination she can use. For the second Flandre, I'm guessing certain color palettes will alter her moveset. I didn't think it was possible until I discovered Kohaku's Sakuya had a palette based off of Dio from JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. This palatte gave her different super moves like morphing Sakuya's Killing Doll into Dio's Steamroller WWWRRRRRYYYYYYY attack.
I dont believe it was, i think Servay made it, ah, its so confusing~

While I deleted my MUGEN years ago (because it took up about 3 gigs :V), I remember having a a somewhat small amount of Touhou characters (about 30, I think). I don't know if this would be too much to ask for... but could you please upload your character folder online? (unless it would go against MotK policy, though I'm pretty sure it doesn't)

I would love to have these characters because I wasn't able to find them before. Once again, I'm only asking if you'd want to, so it'd be okay if you didn't.
Mine is about 300 - 600 MB I could if you want me to, want me to link you to my Mediafire? I was wondering, i recently had another version of MUGEN, it had a SWR screenpack, but not the lifebars (believe it was SWR i forgot)
I downloaded another MUGEN and used a IaMP screenpack and SWR lifebars, before of my SWR one it had alot of lag, now it doesn't but their btho about the same size, what happened?

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 05:51:26 AM »
To those of you who want to use Kohaku's Utsuho, here are some of her most damaging combos as demonstrated by me.